Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Things About Christmas That Are Great Vol. 1

So, I haven't been posting much lately. My apologies. This week is pretty busy for us. Chock full of Christmas get-togethers. We had one on Sunday. We have one tomorrow. Another one on Friday and the last one on Saturday. This brings me to one of my favorite things about Christmas: spending time with friends and family.

So our first Christmas par-tay was at a co-workers house. I see these people all the time because I work with them, but it's still fun to get to know them outside of work and meet spouses and such. It was fun.

Our next soiree is our Beer & Bible group party. Beer & Bible is kind of a long explanation, and I promise I will post about it someday. Suffice it to say that it's a group of about 12 or so of my best friends. They're some of the funnest people I know. Every year we have a Christmas party where we do a White Elephant/Yankee Swap/Nasty Christmas gift exchange. One year I got a giant peppermint stick with two snowballs attached. See picture below.

Can you figure out the joke?

That same year, one of the guys got little girl sized High School Pajamas, but instead of giving it to the daughter of one of the other guys who was that sized, he decided to put them on.

Look closely at the face on the girl behind him.

I think the absurdity of our gifts builds every year. Last year someone got a picture of a monkey or something like that, and I gave a book called I Love You Stinky Face. I'd tell you what we got for this one, but I know some of the B&B peeps read this.

The shindig after that one is the corporate party for everyone in the area who works for the rather massive company I work for. It's at the Crowne Plaza hotel. I'm excited. I've always wanted to go to a fancy-shmancy corporate party. Don't call it a Christmas party, though. It's called the Rewards and Relaxation Banquet. Not kidding.

After that is Christmas dinner with my mom's family. That one's gonna be rough due to the other party before and my working a 14 hour shift and having to drive an hour and a half to get there, but I wouldn't want to miss it. I don't get to see much of my family with my busy schedule, plus we have fun. We eat yummy food. Watch TV because my cousin has 3 TVs in his basement. Seriously, his place is CRAZY awesome. Then we play games.

My mom, Hubby, and Me last Christmas


So anyway, I love Christmas and one big reason is because it allows me to spend time with people that I don't get to see very often or to at least spend time with them in a different and fun manner than usual. I also get to do embarrassing things to our kitty.

My mommy must be stopped. Please.

1 comment:

  1. Ok reading this post made me THAT much more excited for Christmas. I cannot wait. I have three Christmas parties to attend to all next week and I CANNOT wait.

    ReplyDelete