Friday, December 3, 2010

Christmas is All Around

So, my last couple of posts have been kinda gripey, and I've been kinda grouchy lately, and I'm tired of it. It's December. Christmas is coming up. It's my favorite holiday, so I'm going to spread some Christmas cheer by sharing some of my fave Christmas songs with y'all. They're pretty diverse. All shapes and sizes of Christmas tunes. So beware, a crap ton of videos lurk below. Enjoy!

Little Drummer Boy by Jars of Clay



My absolute favorite version of this song. In fact, I don't even like other versions of this song. It's also the first song I ever learned to play on bass guitar. Yeah, I'm a musician. You know it's hot.

Last Christmas by Taylor Swift



Yep. I'm a Taylor Swift fangirl. What of it? She's about the only good female role model out there for young girls right now. Anyway, if T-sizzle isn't your cup of tea, here's my other fave version:

Last Christmas By Darren Hayes



I'm sure most of you are wondering who in the hell this is. Remember Savage Garden from the mid to late 90s? The band that did the chic-a-cherry cola song? Darren Hayes was the voice of the duo.

My Grown-Up Christmas List by Kelly Clarkson



Love this song. It always makes me tear up the first time I hear it each year, and this is by far the best version of it. Love Kelly Clarkson.

Once In Royal David's City - Sufjan Stevens



So this one is a little non-traditional. I was introduced to it by my friend and former worship band leader, J-Mac. We did it in church more than a couple times...jingle bells and all. Loved it.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays by *NSync



Hey, don't judge. This is one hella peppy song. It'll make even the grinchiest grinch want to boogie around the Christmas tree. Also, I'm thrilled about the NKOTB/BSB tour next year, but NSync has GOT to get back together. Seriously.

Christmas Don't Be Late by Alvin and the Chipmunks



This song never gets old for me. I've always loved Alvin and the Chipmunks and always will. And I still want a hula hoop.

White Christmas by Bing Crosby



It's a classic. That's all there is to it.

Carol of the Bells by The Boston Pops Orchestra



I'm determined to learn the words and sing this song someday. It just has such awesome vocals.

Baby It's Cold Outside by Zooey Deschanel



Ok, so I couldn't get the full version embedded, so this will have to do. I love the movie Elf. I watch it every year when I put up the Christmas decorations. Also, Zooey Deschanel has such a beautiful voice.

I'll Be Home For Christmas by Michael Buble



Ok, so just about anything Michael Buble sings is magnificent, so feel free to check out his entire Christmas album.

The Christmas Song by Nat King Cole



Another classic. Old Nat's voice is just so smooth. Now that I have a fireplace, I might roast some chestnuts.

Santa Baby by Eartha Kitt



It took a while for this song to grow on me, but I love it now.

O Holy Night by Josh Groban



So this is my favorite "True Meaning of Christmas" song. I waited for years for the perfect version, and the first time I heard Josh Groban sing it, I about broke down. So beautiful. Every sound that comes out of that man's mouth is absolute perfection.

All I Want For Christmas is You by Mariah Carey



Yes, of course I had to include this one. I love this song. I don't know many people who don't. It just makes you want to get up and dance. However, this is not my favorite version, this is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H_WKfRDA8w

I couldn't embed it, so click on it. Really, go watch it now. That is my fave version because the movie Love Actually is one of my favorite movies of all time. Not just Christmas movies. If you haven't seen it, don't hesitate. Find it now. Target almost always has it for like 5 bucks. It has nudity coming out the wazoo, but it is hilarious which leads us to our final Christmas song:

Christmas Is All Around by Billy Mack (Bill Nighy)



Good. Freakin. Stuff.

In other news, I found my cat on top of the refrigerator then later got cut off by a short bus from Kentucky on my way to work. Also, my mama is coming over on Wednesday so we can make cookies and do other Christmasy things together. I'm excited, we haven't had a chance to do this for several years. I'm thinking about giving this recipe a shot. If I do, I'll let you know how it goes.

Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment