Sunday, November 14, 2010

Sneaky Hate Spiral

Today has been kind of a Sneaky Hate Spiral day. If you do not know what that is, march yourself on over to Hyperbole and a Half right now. I will allow you a moment for research.

Done? Cool. Now, after reading this post, you can go explore all the other awesomeness on that blog.

Anyway, back to my day. Keep in mind that my Sunday and Monday is kind of blurring together into one. The day started off good enough. I woke up shortly after noon having only gotten 3 hours of sleep feeling surprisingly refreshed, rested, and hungry. I suggested to Hubby that we get Jet's Pizza.

Mmmm. Yeah. That's right. Look at that sexy melty cheese. Yeah, baby.

For those of you who do not know what Jet's Pizza is, it's basically manna from heaven. Best. Pizza. Ever. Any day with Jet's Pizza is going to be a good day. The goodness continued as we journeyed on through disk 3 of season 2 of Castle. Great freakin show. Nathan Fillion oozes with awesomeness. Eventually, Hubby decided to go back to bed, and I joined him. After laying there for about an hour and a half, I decided to give up. All this while, my hip feels like there is a knife sticking in it. It's felt like this for the better part of 2 weeks now. I'm not going to the doctor unless it hangs around for another 2 weeks. Why? Because every time I finally do go to the doctor after being ill or in pain for at least a couple weeks, they tell me there's nothing wrong. So I pass the time by going through some old black and white photos I took in college that I might post on here later. Then I rearranged my bookshelf. Then I just sat and stared at my cat for half an hour. I think it made him uncomfortable after a while, because he turned around, so then I was staring at my cat's butt.

Eventually, I decided to give sleep another try. Nothing. I even started counting sheep again. I got to 350 and just gave up. I finally fall asleep at 8. I wake up at 9 grumpy as all get out because my sleep tally for the entire day is 4 hours. I'm already starting to see that it is going to be a Sneaky Hate Spiral day, and every time I think that, I get La Bamba stuck in my head.

I'm packing up all my stuff for work, and I had planned on reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows this week before we go see the movie on Friday. Well, I forgot it. Then, throughout my drive to work, my car actually gets colder. Then, I see Hubby as I come through the gate to find out that he, once again, has not packed a lunch, and will therefore probably be spending about $12 to $15 on something that we probably have at home which annoys me to no end. Then I get to work and we have this new giant computer that is the loudest freakin computer ever. Sometimes I can not notice it, but others, it's just annoying. Then, I decide I want a Cherry Coke, so I go to the break room and realize that I forgot my wallet. Then I find out it doesn't matter because the machine with the Cherry Coke is out of order. This prompted a scream. Good thing nobody's here.

It hasn't been all bad, though. Me and my two co-workers have had some interesting conversation about Jack the Ripper, Jeffrey Dahmer, exorcisms, Schoolhouse Rock, Animaniacs, high school gym class and whether lesbian gym teachers make you feel uncomfortable, and athletes foot. Good times.

With that, I will leave you with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment