Monday, November 8, 2010

The Adventures of Captain Jack

Eventually, I will introduce you to all of our kitties, but today, I thought I'd give you the story of Captain Jack since he's now been away for 2 days and we miss him so much.


I actually acquired Jack from an old blog buddy in Wisconsin who shares my appreciation for pirates, and especially Captain Jack Sparrow. This is how Jack got his name. We met just outside of Chicago so that I could be united with my new son. This is one of the first pictures I ever took of him:


At the time, he was a tiny little guy, and very adventurous, but sweet as can be.





Very quickly, he started to grow, but he still didn't get past his curious/adventurous stage.



Now...he's full grown, and a very big kitty indeed.


This photo is not a trick. There are no weird angles involved. He is laying right next to one of his sisters who is 7 years his senior. At last check, he was 15 pounds. Like I said, he's a big kitty, but we love him so much.


One of the many times Daddy has forced Jack to cuddle. Jack is not a cuddly kitty. He has some rare exceptions, and they always occur in the same manner. Right after my alarm goes off, but before I get out of bed, he crawls up next to me towards the outside of the bed, because if he goes up the middle of the bed, Daddy might make him cuddle with him, and he's not having it. Anyway, although he's not cuddly, he is still stinking adorable.




Awww. He also still hasn't lost his sense of adventure.


He especially enjoys laundry hampers.



Mommy sometimes makes him do ridiculous things.



But he still loves her.

No comments:

Post a Comment