Sunday, November 7, 2010

First

So, I've decided to take another crack at blogging. This will be my 6th or 7th blog. I can't quite remember exactly how many I've done. Anyway, the last one only made it to 3 posts, but this had a lot to do with the fact that I decided to use wordpress. Wordpress is kind of a pain in the butt to use period, but more importantly, I can't get to it from work. Terrible, I know, but truth be told, I'm still technically doing my job as I'm writing. So take that, world!

Anyway, here's a little bit about me: I'm 26 years old, and happily married for nearly a year and a half. We have 3 beautiful kitties: Jack, Jasmine, and Lilly. I work doing IT (that's Information Technology or computers for the computer illiterate out there), and my job is not very labor intensive. I'll just leave it at that. I'm also currently attending University to become a high school English teacher. I have two quarters left of my undergrad requirements before starting my masters degree. This only sucks because I already have a bachelor's degree, and I've had it since August of 2006. Even with that, I had to complete 2 years of undergrad English content requirements before I FINALLY get to move on to my masters. This makes me a 6th year senior. Sound pretty effin pathetic. Also, my husband is a sophomore at the same University working on his nursing degree...hopefully.

So why am I starting yet another blog? Because although I'm required to write extensively for school, I don't always get to write about what I want, and I don't always get to write how I want to write. I once had to completely rewrite a project because the prof said I was coming off as sarcastic. Bite me.

Another important piece of information: I work third shift, and will likely be doing much of my writing in the middle of the night. I know what you're thinking, I work at night, so the middle of the night should be like the middle of the day for me. No, it isn't. Because remember, I also have to go to school during the day. So, you know that feeling when you're pulling an all-nighter to study or finish a paper? Well, every day of work for me is just a less severe version of that. This will occasionally provide some very entertaining fodder, I'm sure of it. Sleep deprivation + lots of caffeine = slap happy.

That's all I'll say for now. I can't promise when I'll update again or even if I will or if anybody will ever even read this. Only time can tell . . . or Marty McFly and Doc Brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment