Friday, January 21, 2011

I Have Returned

So...I'm not completely 100% well yet, but I am functional and back at work, so I feel well enough to blog. Yay for that. I've decided to take a slightly different approach regarding my discussion of this week's illness. Everyone knows I hate winter. There will be more on that in blogs yet to be written. So instead of turning this post into a bitch fest over how much I hate winter because it makes me sick, I'm going to focus on the positives of this week.

1) Lost weight

I can't actually confirm this, as I have not weighed myself in quite a while, but considering I spent 4 days barely eating and eating mostly soup when I did, I would imagine that I dropped at least some poundage. It's easy to not worry about eating when you're just trying keep the will to live. Even when I felt a bit better, I still had that thing going on where I was all congested and everything either tasted like crap or like nothing. Food's no fun when it tastes like nothing.

2) Saved on gas

So I literally did not leave my home from when I got there Monday morning at 6:30 am until I left for work at 9:30 pm Friday night. That is the longest I've stayed in one place since I can remember and that means I didn't burn any gas whatsoever this week because I didn't go anywhere. Awesome. #1 and #1 also lead to...

3) Saved money

Between not buying any food for myself because I could get out of bed and not having to buy gas or going anywhere where I can spend money, I saved a lot of moolah this week. I spent a grand total of $8.97 over the last 7 days. I haven't done that in a few years.  And that little bit of money was spent on songs I bought on my iPhone.

4) Caught up on sleep

This might have been the best part. The first couple days were rough because my temperature was around 102 which meant I felt like I was trying to sleep in the heart of a furnace, but with the power of Nyquil and flat-out exhaustion I got some pretty good and plentiful sleep this week which is good because I'm quite certain sleep deprivation was the big culprit for acquiring this illness. I was very very sleep deprived last weekend and that kind of thing can totally wreck your immune system. I'm pretty sure if there was just one tiny microbe of some illness anywhere in this county, I would've caught it.

5) Excessive TV/Movie watching without guilt

I watched SOOOOOOO much crap on tv and so many movies. I even had a 6-movie Disney marathon on Wednesday. I also got to watch the first two episodes of American Idol. With J-Lo and Steven Tyler as the new judges, I was intrigued. I had to check it out. As it turns out, I quite like them as judges. J-Lo is kinda like the new Paula but not as much of a dumbass. Steven Tyler...well, he's not really comparable to anyone. I like his style. He's not afraid to say what he thinks, but he's not a douche about it like Simon was. This is the first time in quite a while where the judges looked like they were really having fun and I think it showed and even spilled over to the contestants. I shall keep watching.
We also had the return of Chuck, but the ending made me so mad I would've yelled had I not been nearly comatose. I need to watch it again now that I'm coherent.

So there ya go. In all reality, this week was absolutely freakin miserable. I made sure Hubby slept in our guest bedroom and wouldn't even let him touch me because this thing was evil and I REALLY didn't want him to get it. But it's mostly gone now. I'm still alive, so there's no need to be lamenting over it.

Glad to be back!

3 comments:

  1. Good job on surviving. If it's the bug that rolled around and nailed me on Christmas, you overcame a monster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. two weeks ago I was off for a week of paid vacation and I got sick as a dog. I had the flu and the sore throat, and it was fracking aweful.Just as I was recovering at the end of the week my little girl ran toward me, her arms open wide...and upchucked streams of vomit everywhere. Coated me, the couch, and the xbox controller. It wasnt a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you jarhead. I need kid vomit stories like that occasionally to counteract my biological clock that's screaming at me to have a baby. Gotta keep a good balance, ya know?

    ReplyDelete