Monday, February 21, 2011

Life List

So I started a life list about 4 1/2 years ago. I finally decided I needed to update it - cross off the things I've accomplished and add some more that I've thought of since the original writing. So I've put it below. The first 40ish are the original list, the rest I've just added in the last couple days. 

Go to Europe
Go skydiving
Go rock climbing
Go bungee jumping

Learn how to rappel
Lead worship somewhere
Go on a foreign mission trip
Write a novel, even if it never gets published

Get the novel printed
Learn how to sing
Learn how to play piano
Learn French
Fly a plane, even if only for a minute
Learn how to read music
Meet Johnny Depp     Proof and more proof in case you don't believe me
Go to California
Take a cruise in the Caribbean
Go sailing, preferably on a Black Pearl-esque kind of ship
Eat at a 5 star restaurant
Stay in a 5 star hotel
Drive cross-country
Ride a motorcycle
Go to NYC for Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
See a broadway show
Go to a spa
See the Grand Canyon
Go skiing
Go waterskiing
Go parasailing

Go kayaking
Visit a chocolate factory
Take a vacation to Hawaii

Visit at least one spot where Lost was filmed
Go to Alaska
See the Eiffel tower
Go to the Louvre
Ride in a gondola in Venice
See the Roman Colisseum
Get published

Go Horseback Riding
Get my masters degree

Build a snowman
Take dance lessons
Go to San Diego Comic Con
Meet Zachary Levi and/or Yvonne Strahovski
Eat at at least 10 restaurants that's been on Diners Drive-Ins and Dives
Eat the giant donut Adam Richman holds up in the intro to Man Vs. Food
Visit Seattle, go see the fish market
Go to Chicago, eat at Hot Doug's
Read the top 100 books on this list
Stay in a log cabin
Try The Luther Burger at least once
Go to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter
Drink a Butterbeer
Go to Disney World
Drink a beer or mead in The Eagle and The Child in Oxford, England
Actually fill out a journal completely
Act in something - play, extra in a movie, whatev.
Eat at Paula Deen's restaurant - The Lady and Sons
Run in at least one 5K
Read all the books by C.S. Lewis
Play in a ball pit as an adult
Get a tattoo
Return to Boston, eat Italian food in the North End
Learn how to shoot with a bow and arrow
Eat the double cheeseburger at Holeman & Finch in Atlanta
Eat at In n Out
Go to a movie premiere
Go for a walk in the rain
Spend an entire day in silence
Go camping




There's a couple in the ones I've added that seem entirely unrealistic, but then again, when I wrote the original list, going to Europe and certainly meeting Johnny Depp also seemed unrealistic and you will notice that those are crossed off.


Also, a lot of thing on this list have to do with food and beverages. Well...I like to eat and drink and I watch the Food Network a lot so I know where a lot of good food is.


So there it is. My life list. Here's hoping that I get to cross everything off and even cross off some things I haven't thought of yet.


Peace!





1 comment:

  1. Good luck on the list! I have one of these that I've been surprisingly successful at making marks on. Life is for living!

    ReplyDelete